Sunday, March 30, 2014

Public document

Creating a public document (Video, Prezi, Webpage, Event, Play, Song, Poem, etc...) for your research paper is an important aspect of our writing process. These documents help us understand what we are writing about and also may help organize our work.

What will you or your group develop (public document) to help your audience understand your topic? What items (Camera, computer, actors, guitar, etc...) will you need to fulfill this assignment? 

Answer these questions on this thread. Click on the "comments" link on the bottom of this post to reply. Also reply to another comment from another student.

56 comments:

  1. For my public document I am thinking of creating a presentation maybe with some posters or a power point to give visual. I want to act as an advertising agent and try to convince the audience why they should you sex in advertising and why it works. Really all I would need would be a computer, maybe posters and markers, and the information I have gathered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job Cassy, did your surveys produce the outcome you wanted? You may want to create a small video show us different types of ads.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking about making a prezi to help keep the audience attention but also still talk and present that way i can include pictures and probably videos of examples.

      Delete
    3. Cassey, I also like your idea. Also doing a power point. (:

      Delete
  2. I will be making a Prezi, I will make videos and information over factory farming. I want people to understand what really goes on as an effect of these factory farms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, is there anything else you can create to explain to your audience the problems with your topic? How about a blog or website connecting activist like yourself together so we can network different ideas about your topic?

      Delete
  3. for my public document, I was thinking about making a power point on the second amendment, to inform those who do not know much about it and the laws that it has for us. I will also show what you cannot do or cannot obtain or carry if our 2nd amendment was taken from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Jonathon, remember that no one wants to take the second amendment away, but instead they want to revise it for better safety and control of all types of weapons. Have you found anybody (scholars) discussing the elimination of this amendment? I think you can do more as far as your public document is concerned. Explain to us how if anything society can do to enhance the second amendment as opposed to leaving it the same.

      Delete
    2. I think making this PowerPoint would be a great idea since, I, myself, don't even know much about this amendment.

      Delete
  4. i plan to create a blog in which i will post stories in which sports promoted a change in society. i will make the blog open to editing so that others can post stories they have found also

    ReplyDelete
  5. For my public document, I was thinking about doing a prezi to explain what are some issues that people will have to face if the United States continue to be the world police and what is going to possibly happen if the U.S. continue in this position, also I want to give a background from where and from whom, did the U.S became to be the world police. And of course show that the U.S. should stop acting like the world police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is pretty cool, I totally agree that the U.S should play a smaller role in world affairs and focus more here in America.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, but my question is, Are you for or against that the U.S. should continue as the world police no matter what are the conditions of the country?

      Delete
  6. For my public document I want to create a prezi. I want to create a prezi about Gun control. I know that many people have mixed feelings about this topic, and I just want to get my idea out there and try to convince people that we should have better background checks. What I will need for this is my computer and that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to use a powerpoint slide for my public document. I would like the powerpoint to be about Proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons i would like to try and convince my audience on how this is a major threat not only to the United States but to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to use a powerpoint slide for my public document. I would like the powerpoint to be about Proliferation Of Nuclear Weapons i would like to try and convince my audience on how this is a major threat not only to the United States but to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For my public document I would like to use a powerpont presentation about the importance of recycling and the positive impact this subject has worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a solid idea and plan! Best of luck on your project!

      Delete
  10. For my public document I am currently planning on creating a video showcasing statistics, and organizations spreading awareness of drunk driving. My goal is to make my audience aware, and informed especially about the technology that we have in our hands that can help stop/limit drunk driving. I am thinking about incorporating either a music video (made by myself) or incorporating everything into a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My group (group 5) and I are planning to create a visual presentation in the hopes of enlightening viewers on the benefits the legalization of marijuana would bring to the state of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting topic, I can't wait to see how you and your group present this topic.

      Delete
  12. For my Public Document I am planning on hosting an event. In this event I will be trying to get people interested in making a community organization in which people who will not be insured, get a chance to at least be able to get a monthly check up on their health or anything like that. Times are tough and that is why it would be a great way to organize something for those that can't afford Obamacare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like your idea because it can be very resourceful to those who aren't insured. How will you make it interesting though? to those who have no interest show them the pros and cons that could be a good way to get them "hooked" into going to the event. (:

      Delete
  13. I think for my public document I will be doing a prezi on why healthy foods are expensive and unhealthy foods aren't and why the government can point fingers telling us we are fat but yet they cant help us. I hoping I can find a youtube video on it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bianca I really like your research topic I am very athletic and try to eat right, but the healthy takes a lot of time and money that I as a college student do not have. I think you could then go into saying how the obesity rate, freshmen 15 have something to do with the sale prices.

      Delete
  14. I would like to use a PowerPoint slide for my public document. My PowerPoint slide will be about medical technology. I would like to inform my audience on how beneficial technology could be for medical purposes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant PowerPoint presentation

      Delete
  15. For my public document I will be creating/making an event such as "activism awareness" To help people get informed about activism, new ways of activism, and show them how they can make a difference in a topic they like by being an activist.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For my public document I will be doing a presentation to explain and express my view on the death penalty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of presentation will you be showing us? will it be a power point presi etc. and what other things can we expect to learn about death penalties

      Delete
  17. For my public document I am not sure what to use in between PowerPoint or prezi try not to make it real short or real long just with nesasary information

    ReplyDelete
  18. For my presentation I would like to write a poem on the many insecurities women and men may have and also show a back ground powerpoint that can help understand the poem better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not very sure if I should just do a poem or a power point. I like the idea of creating a poem because it could be a short and funny type of thing in order to attract my audience attention. The power point in the other hand can help me by putting the good and bad transitions between high school to college. My research is mainly about the writing struggles students face from high school to college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think the poem would be cool :) its different and way more creative!

      Delete
  20. For my public document I will use prezi to present my topic about obesity and also I would show some videos or maybe make an interesting one in order to give more information of obesity and what are the factors that increase it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. For my Public Document, I am going to use Prezi or Powerpoint. I want to explain how Illegal Immigrants and their families affect the economy when it comes to receiving benefits. Illegal Immigrants' Children should not receive more benefits than the elderly. I am going to use concise information and evidence to support my statement. '

    ReplyDelete
  22. To help people understand and engage my topic, I'm planning to make a Prezi to show all the different types of child abuse and show more awareness to help prevent these children that cannot defend themselves. I want to help make a difference and help innocent children from the danger they are in. Because these days, we really forget the definition of child abuse and neglect what it really is because the society has started to evolve the true meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  23. For my public document, I plan on making a presentation to inform people about video games and how they shouldn't really be looked at as something bad for society.

    ReplyDelete
  24. For my public document I was thinking of using a powerpoint to show the effects U.S. sanctions have had on the people of Iran. It'll outline the sanction regulations, the cost in amount of dollars and the inhumane treatment Iranian people are facing. It'll also outline what students, and the general public, know and think of Iran over the past decade.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My goal is to make my audience aware of the low migrant education rate, and inform the community about the situation.For my public document, I plan to be a adviser for migrant community and host a "event" of a migrant scholarship awareness fair for all. at the end of this event the class will then see how it is possible for fairs like this would actually help get the awareness out there and primary thing, get migrants informed of these scholarships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea that will get people involved in what you're doing and make them aware of what you're trying to create.

      Delete
  26. Since my topic is the legalization of marijuana I think that a blog will help people come together and discuss a topic. It allows for multiple perspectives and new ideas, and gives a sense of unity. Obviously I will need a computer and internet access to be able to have this.

    ReplyDelete
  27. For my presentation I would like to due a video or a power point I'm still no sure but what I want is shows all the information that I have and discuss my topic. I will need a computer, and a video camera .

    ReplyDelete
  28. For my presentation on the legalization of marijuana, I think a video with the information that I have will be good. I will use voice overs to present what information I have and I will be using an editing software and computer to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like to be able to at one point at least conduct one presentation where I can present my research paper, which in the big picture is abortion, one of the biggest controversial topics there is, but I am focusing my research on a more political aspect, which has not been heard much. Because the aspect I would like to focus on is different, to me, from the rest that I have heard, I would like to create a blog, where I can present my information and people can also provide their comments and ideas. In addition, I would like to create some sort of pamphlet or poster promoting my blog. I believe that all I will need is a computer, to fulfill this public document.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think a Prezi presentation would be perfect for my project. Clearly: a computer would come "in handy."

    ReplyDelete
  31. Im thinking in creating a video for my project about the rule of running backs in the nfl. It will explain a lot more than if i do a presentation plus I can include the people who did the survey

    ReplyDelete
  32. I will be using powerpoint for my presentation because its what im most comfortable in and I believe it helps get to the main points of my topic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I will be presenting using a Prezi or PowerPoint presentation because I feel like I don't really need others to input much on my presentation, or that I will have the time to go back and answer more questions on blogs; therefore, I believe a Prezi or PowerPoint is where I'm most comfortable in, and all I wish to do is provide facts.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think I'm going to use a PowerPoint as my public document

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would develop a social website like a facebook page where people can share ideas about how they learn in their own way and their thoughts about how reading, writing, and learning should not be limited as well as share how government tries to limit us from several things. I would use my computer and then share my page with friends to spread the word, and get people to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I decided on creating a blog for my public document. My research project was done on the legalization of marijuana. Maybe you guys could check it out. Thanks!!!: chocolopekush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. My topic was dealing with gambling and finding out if it had any sort of impact towards student's academic performance, so for my public document I plan on having a poster board and a few powerpoint slides explaining some charts, results, and information gathered in my project.

    ReplyDelete